Danish water solutions in India
16 Jan 2020, Thursday @13:30 - 17:15
India is witnessing the worst water crisis in history, according to a recent report by the state-driven think tank, Niti Aayog.
It is estimated that half of Indian population do not have access to piped water and that 30-50% of India’s water supply is lost before it reaches the end consumer.
Furthermore, upwards of 80% of India’s water supply is contaminated and the country currently ranks 120 of 122 on UN’s Water Quality Index.
June 2019 India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi promised clean drinking water for all by 2024 under the Jal Jeevan Mission, ensuring spending of US$50 billion to reach the goal. He also launched a new ministry to deal with the country’s water-related challenges called ‘Jal Shakti’.
Danish technology can help India reach its goals of an inclusive sustainable development, including access to clean drinking water to all.
This seminar offers:
- The perspectives of India’s water crisis and the initiatives taken by the Indian Government
- The release of the new report “Market Opportunities for Danish Companies in Indian Water Ecosystem” by the Trade Council
- The latest updates on the bilateral collaboration on water, including information on the establishment of a Strategic Business Alliance
- The opportunity to interact with Danish companies with hands-on experience from the Indian market
- The opportunity to ask questions to the panel – also anonymously*
Venue: Grundfos, Grundfos Center, Poul Due Jensens vej 23. 8850, Bjerringbro
Date: January 16, 2020,13:30-17.15
Please see the full invitation here Danish Water Solutions in India
*Participants will be contacted regarding any anonymous questions to the panel
Booking are closed for this event.