IDCC Annual Meeting 2019
On January 29th Handelsbanken set the scene for IDCC’s Annual Meeting 2019. The program included IDCC’s General Assembly as well as presentations from both countries’ ambassadors, a fruitful debate and networking between member companies.
Increased member base
The pivotal theme on the agenda for the General Assembly was a growing IDCC. Having nearly doubled our member base during the second half of 2018, IDCC is experiencing a momentum that resonates with that of the India Denmark bilateral relationship. More Danish companies are looking to India for the great opportunities the country presents, and the timing has never been better.
At IDCC we are delighted to see an increased interest in India and IDCC from the Danish business community and we are confident that this will continue in 2019
A strengthened board of directors.
Former chairman of the board, Henrik Schurmann, recently took up the position as CEO of Kyocera Unimerco and thus had to leave IDCC. Henrik has put in an amazing effort in leading IDCC and played a pivotal part in IDCC’s recent growth. We wish Henrik all the best in his new role.
Elected as new chairman of the board is Søren Holm Johansen, Executive Director, Ramboll Group. Søren has extensive top management experience and was posted for Ramboll in India in the early 90s. Søren is a member of several national and international boards of directors and we look forward to extending our growth trajectory under his leadership. Søren said this about the growth of IDCC:
“When we first started IDCC 3 years ago, it was the board’s belief that there were both a need and a justification for a platform for advancing bilateral trade between Denmark and India. It is encouraging that we now witness a significant positive response from Danish companies. There is a huge untapped potential in India for Danish companies, and we expect to see IDCC’s positive development to continue as these opportunities become even clearer through the work of IDCC and the strong bilateral governmental collaborations”
Three new board members were also elected to the board of directors, expanding and strengthening the leadership of IDCC.
- Kenth Kærhøg, Senior Vice President, Head of Corporate Communications and Reputation.
- Kenth has worked in different leadership roles within communication in the Coca-Cola Company in Europe, Asia and USA. In 2010 Kenth joined ISS as Senior Vice President, Head of Group Communications, a position he held until joining Danfoss in 2017 as Senior Vice President, Head of Corporate Communications and Reputation.
- Anders Bech, President – Region Subcontinental India
- Anders has extensive international experience having run FLSmidth’s operations in a variety of key markets, including China, Brazil, Thailand, Italy, and India
From Alfa Laval:
- Lars Dithmer, President, BU Food Systems
- Lars has been with Alfa Laval since 2004, starting as a Standard Systems Manager, Engineering & Supply Global in Denmark. In 2006 Lars moved to Shanghai where he held different leadership positions in Alfa Laval until 2011 where he took over as Head of Corporate Development, Asia in Hong Kong. In 2014 Lars relocated to Pune, India, to take up the position as COO and subsequent Managing Director of Alfa Laval India. Lars has been in his current position since 2017.