The Association Indian Danish Chamber of Commerce has the objective of promoting trade between Denmark and India through the members’ exchange of knowledge and experiences. The idea of the Indian Danish Chamber of Commerce was introduced back in 2010 by India’s then ambassador, Shri Yogesh K. Gupta, in cooperation with former member of the Danish parliament, Mr Niels Ahlmann-Ohlsen, who has worked together with Indian business enterprises continuously for 35 years. Today, the Indian Danish Chamber of Commerce has Vejle Rejser A/S, Cowi A/S, Ecco Holding A/S, Novozymes A/S, A.P. Møller – Mærsk A/S, FLSmidth & Co. A/S, DSV Air & Sea Holding A/S, Torm A/s, LM Wind Power A/S, Rambøll, Rockwool A/s, Kromann Reumert, Comet Consular Services A/S and municipality of Slagelse among its founding members.
The objective of Indian Danish Chamber of Commerce is to promote trade between Denmark and India, strengthen cultural ties between the two countries, and function as an exclusive forum for companies, organisations, and persons who can and want to enforce Denmark’s position in India. To the extent it is relevant and possible, the Forum shall:
- arrange and promote activities enabling the members to share and exchange knowledge and experience relevant for success in the relevant market (Danish and/or Indian), and to increase the members’ knowledge of relevant factors which can contribute to such success,
- at regular intervals publish informative material on the possibilities in Denmark and/or with Danish companies, and about the opportunities seen from a Danish perspective in India or with Indian companies, for distribution in relevant Danish and/or Indian professional networks, Indian chambers of commerce etc.,
- create optimal opportunities of transportation between the two countries,
- work to have optimal fast-track handling of business-related visa applications for Indian business people travelling to Denmark, and for Danish business people travelling to India,
- arrange and promote targeted exchange trips for Danish companies to India, and for Indian companies to Denmark, including and through local Indian chambers of commerce,
- carry out other similar related activities, including co-operation with other associations that want to further the trade between Denmark and India.